A weekend of adventure and fun


 


A weekend of adventure and fun.

The last 2 weekends have been full of adventure, fun and challenge. Meeting lots of new people who have met over the last 2 years on Facebook in a group that offers the spirit of adventure. This weekend it definitely did. A few members from the group set off to Keswick to join the Festival of Light that was being held on Saturday night. 

I arrived on the Friday night at the YHA in Keswick (definitely worth a stay), started with a chill before the rest of the group came back from having a meal and spent time getting to know each other. When they came back to the YHA, we had lots of chat and laughs, continuing to get to know each other. 

Saturday plans


We eventually went to sleep, I woke at 5.30am and got ready for a day of walking, we had an offer of paddleboarding or a walk around Derwent Water a 10 mile walk. With my challenge in August of walking the Pennine Way, I decided the walk was for me. In the evening the plan was to walk to and walk up Catbells ready for the festival of light. 

I went for a walk around Keswick to find somewhere for food.

During the day we were blessed with a dry day, in the evening we were given rain (so out came the waterproofs). The walk was around 2 and half miles to catbells from where we stayed, when we arrived at catbells the climb started and we set off slowly step by step. Stopping to take in the scenery, we kept walking and then we started on a scramble to the top. Our aim was to go up and come down before it went dark. 

We got told to stop and stand still while at the top of Catbells ready for the light display to start. The event was an amazing experience. 

Here is the video

Sunday Plans


The following day we all went for a ride on the boat on Derwent water and we got off at Hawes End and went to Lingholm estate (famous for Beatrix Potter) for a brew and some food. I was really keen to get some more steps in to see what I am capable of achieving, in preparation for my Pennine Way challenge. 

So myself and a Martin a member from the group set off to Braithwaite for a walk up Barrow, when I got to the bottom of the hill, I realised I had previously walked the hill a few years earlier. We set off and made our way to the top, we did a circular walk and then back to Keswick to the places we where staying. 

Final day


On the Monday we had a plan to walk along the old Keswick railway line.


I was keen to go to Castlerigg stone circle and asked if this would be possible. The group agreed and off we went to the stone circle, it was a lovely experience and was something I had wanted to visit for such a long time.


At the end of the weekend, I had completed 110000 steps which is around 55 miles. 

What the weekend confirmed to me was that you can do anything that you want if you push yourself and believe in yourself. This happened for myself and a number of the members who were on the weekend. 

So when was the last time you had an adventure and fun and challenged yourself ?

Book a call with Jo if you want to challenge yourself


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year

When did you last challenge yourself?