New Beginnings


 


Do you take opportunities when they arise?

During my life I have been offered lots of opportunities to learn develop myself. In my teens and twenties I turned a number of opportunities down. Why? Because of FEAR. Running away. Fear of commitment. Fear of responsibility. 

When I came into my thirties, I began to wonder what had I done. I started to take think why had it happened and I took responsibility and went to college to develop the skills to allow me to gain confidence in the roles that I had been offered earlier in my life. Learning the skills would allow me to feel more confident if another opportunity arose.


I became more confident, when using the skills in the workplace and that improvements began to happen in the workplace. 

My learning continued to increase my skills in leadership and management and I eventually completed my level 5 in management. Feeling confident and happy with the skills that I were developing. 

To allow me to continue to grow, I visualised having a mentor to allow me to use the skills that I had learnt to allow me to become more capable with dealing with managerial situations. This was not what happened and I found myself dropped in at the deep end of a managerial role, this overwhelmed me and my chimp kicked in and I ran away. 

I found another opportunity again I was excited thinking I would receive the mentoring and support to allow me to learn a managerial role. The situation was still not right and my chimp kicked in and I ran away. 

Looking back I now realise it is the feeling of being uncomfortable and that I did not life it.

Becoming self aware


Over the last 10 years I have become more aware of how my brain works and how it affects my body and I have learnt tools and skills to manage my emotions. 

I now find myself being offered another opportunity and tomorrow I start a part time role has a wellbeing and engagement manager. The organisation offer support to their team members allowing them to grow in a safe environment improving their skillset which will allow everyone to work efficiently allowing the organisation to achieve their objectives. 

I am excited to be given this opportunity with a little bit of apprehension. This time I have the fantastic support of my family, friends and coaches around me, so that I can support my team to allow them to provide an amazing service. 

I look forward to seeing what we can achieve when we all work together. 

Do you take opportunities that are offered you or do you get overwhelmed?

If you are ready to become stronger emotionally allowing you to grow. Message Jo to book a call and take those opportunities 

Over the next few weeks I will be posting videos of myself and Adam Evans discussing emotional wellbeing and how you can become stronger to allow you to transform your life!
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year

A weekend of adventure and fun

When did you last challenge yourself?